There’s no denying it. You get just one chance to make a first impression on a home buyer. If you plan to sell your vacation home in Orlando, it’s important to make sure the outside of your home is attractive to potential buyers. Here are a few ways to enhance your home’s curb appeal so you can get the best possible price for your property.
1. Paint – Real estate experts agree that painting your home inside and out will be worth the investment when it comes to selling it. Fresh paint makes your home look clean, bright and inviting. If you don’t have funds to paint the complete exterior, at least paint the door, door frame and foyer or the first room prospective buyers will see. When painting the outside of your home, make sure the color you choose blends in with the neighborhood. Neutral shades are typically best.
2. House Numbers – Another way to spruce up curb appeal is to replace old or faded house numbers with new numbers. You can find simple ones for a few dollars, or consider customized plaques that can cost $50-$100. Remember to consider the style of your house and create a harmonious or contrasting effect with your new numbers.
3. Exterior Lighting – Installing new exterior light fixtures to replace older models will also give your house a new look. Consider both the style of your home and the function of the lights when shopping for new fixtures. Save time by choosing fixtures that have the same mounting system as your current lights. Exterior light fixtures typically start at $20 and up.
4. Landscape – Once your home exterior is in good shape, it’s time to take a look at your yard. Add fresh mulch to plant beds, prune overgrown hedges, and keep your lawn mowed and edges trimmed.
5. Driveway – One final tip: Pressure wash the driveway and walkways to your home. You can rent one from your local home improvement store for the day if you don’t already own one.
Taking these steps may require you to spend some time in Orlando in order to get your property looking its best. If you have a property management company looking after your house, they should be able to manage some of these curb appeal tasks for you.
When you’re ready to list your Orlando vacation home for sale, contact Team Donovan at (407) 705-2616. We employ a wide variety of marketing strategies to get your home in front of as many potential buyers as possible – around the world!